Seadream’s Award Winning Outreach Workshops
Run by our Directors, these accessible, fun outreach workshops (some fully funded or subsidised by our current projects) can be brought to your classroom, club or organisation or as an alternative hosted out in the field at a number of amazing locations.
All include immersive, inspiring activities and experiments and use lots of fun resources.
We tailor each session to suit age, session size and location and cover a wide range of subjects under the STEAM umbrella – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths, as well as Environment and Conservation, Community and more and we can of course ensure the workshops are focused on specific topic aims or the curriculum.
We offer such a wide range of workshops and activities that we haven’t got room to list them all below, but here are a few examples of what we can offer below. Do talk to us about other themes and subjects we have, as well as current funding opportunities.
“I just wanted to email you to say thank you for the fantastic workshop on sound yesterday. The children really enjoyed the activities and I thought it was wonderful how hands on they were. I feel like it consolidated and gave greater detail to what we had already covered in class which was fantastic.” Tavistock Primary School
“Thank you so much for your visit on Monday – the children loved the workshop and were very engaged with the content and experiments!” Rydon Primary School
Other examples of workshops in the Seadream Programme
- The Science of Bubbles – Lots of “fairy clean fun” learning about the chemical structure of soap, bubbles in nature, shape and efficiency. If you have never stepped into a bubble then now is your chance!
- The Brain and Dementia Awareness – being aware of how our brains are and how dementia gradually breaks all the wonderful connections that make us work will make it easier to recognise signs of dementia as well as promote compassion and comfort through shared understanding. The lessons are structured in a positive light about how our brains work.
- Design, Construction and Impact testing.
- Publish Your Passion – Inspire others by creating literature to share your knowledge and passion, whether that is science, engineering, climate change, marine wildlife.
- Creative Engineering and Energy Transfer.
- Everyday Engineering – Practical and exciting activities that show how things work and how engineering effects our everyday lives.
- Cool Chemistry – Making and testing bath bombs, universal indicator and exploring the properties of gases with dry ice.
- Circuits, Electricity and Magnetism – Games, experiments and energising activities to engage and inspire.
- Passionate about Plankton and Barmy for Bugs? – Explore these drifting organisms that live in the surface layers of the ocean and the thousands of species of bugs that live amongst us on land.
Workshop Funding and Costs
A lot of our workshops are funded through different projects we have running, so therefore depending on our current funders, Seadream can often offer free or subsidised workshops. In the event that we do not have any current free opportunities, workshop rates are in the region of £200 per day but are totally negotiable. Please get in touch to discuss opportunities and rates.